Value Added Vendor Application
Information & Requirements
- Food Handlers Certificate or Food Managers Certificate
- Sales Tax Permit (if applicable)
Applicants under this category offer:
- products that have changed the form, flavor, blend and/or the substance of raw products using as many market products as available.
- Products should use organic ingredients when available and as many market products as possible & reasonable, with preference given to those vendors who use local products.
- The certified kitchen utilized must be located within 150 miles of the market attended. Vendors offering products covered under the Texas Cottage Food Law are classified as Value-Added Foods vendors.
- Examples: Baked goods, teas, salsa, nut butters
What is a Value Added Vendor