How to start a business in Dickinson.

Filing Steps
1.  Register your Business Name:  Also known as an “DBA” or “Doing Business As” with the Galveston County Clerks Office.
2.  Corporate Certificate:  To incorporate your business, contact the Secretary of State in Austin at 512-463-5555.
3.  Copyright – contact the United Sates Copyright Office at 202-707-3000. What is Copyright? Electronic Copyright Office
4. Certificate of Occupancy – Needed in order to open your business in the City, contact the City of Dickinson Planning Department.
5.  Tax Responsibility – Determine the potential tax responsibilities of the new business on the federal, state, and local level. Tax Identification Number State Taxes Employment Taxes
6.  Sales and Use Tax State Sales and Use Tax is imposed on all retail sales, leases and rentals of most goods as well as taxable services.
7. Food Permit – Pertaining to the handling, processing, packaging and warehousing of food products, contact the Galveston County Health Department.
8.Liquor License– Pertaining to the sale, transportation or storage of alcoholic beverages contact the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission at 817-451-9466.
9. Additional information please contact the Dickinson Planning Department & Dickinson Economic Development Corporation.
10. Federal Business Requirements The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirements Equal Employment Opportunity Safety Requirements Wage and Labor Requirements
11.  State Requirements New Hiring Program Safety Requirements Wage and Labor Requirements Workers’ Compensation Insurance Labor Poster Requirements
Additional Helpful Links